meansters ball

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Bernie I forgot this one

I still want you to look at everything, oh I forgot I was just joking. However I forgot to list this blog, "Active Learning".
I went to the computer lab with my students today. I am glad to inform everyone that I just might know a little more than my students when it comes to the essentials. They were using macs, so I actually was familiar with the machines. Thanks Bernie. ADHD was using one hand to type, so his little buddy was following his lead. I told ADHD to use his left hand to find keys on the left hand side of the keyboard. I told him, "I know you are athletic, I know you can use both hands. " When I passed the dynamic duo again they were both using two hands to type. I taught a few of the students to use spell check, and how to ignore it. Sometimes you must ignore the spell check.
I asked one of my beginning ESL students if she thought I would be a mean teacher. She said yes. I asked her if she thought I would be a good teacher. She said yes. Maybe she was afraid to say anything else. There are some benefits to being a little meanie. She didn't want to read her story, so I stood by her and read it to her. She was turning a bit red, so I asked if I was embarrassing her. She said no, so I read some more. That will teach her to be more truthful.
Love to all, the mean one is done for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home