meansters ball

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Does anybody read these things?

Here I am again, I'm just cruising today. Went to the great OC over the weekend (note to self: Avoid all cheap hotel rooms) cruised the beach, went to a Harley store, the Market Place, and Downtown Disney. There were a gazillion people there. Downtown Disney has to be one of the best places on earth to people watch. They had live music via classical guitarists who were phenomenal. We ate at one of the best steak houses, a great secret known as Chris and Pitts. It is loud, gaudy, dark and the waitresses duck in and out like flying machines. I had a 16oz Delmonico steak with all of the fixin's and hubby had the fantail shrimp. We had appetizers and soft drinks and the bill was under $35. Can you believe it? And we didn't even have to wait for a seat! Out of this world.
The students are getting antsy for the summer break. I'm going to miss them so much. I hope I don't have separation anxiety every year for the rest of my career. I don't think the kids are going to miss me as much as I will them. I hope they remember me as a good thing they had for a while.
I have not read a thing. I am trying to get through The Great Gatsby. I have this stack of books to read, but there is this thing called a house that I have neglected all semester. So I have a little catching up to do before I can relax with a book. I have read Hatchet and a little follow up book that goes with it. The class is reading it so I read it to keep up. My Husband read Under and Alone about an undercover ATF guy who infiltrated the Mongol motorcycle gang. He loved it. Now Zach is reading it, read most of it in one night and dreamed about Harleys all night after.
Bought the new Dave Matthews CD, it's worth the price. I'm still pretty stuck on the group's earlier work.
Well it's too nice a day to be mean, so I'll just fade out mellow.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger One Trick Pony said...

To answer your question: yes! I read these things.

And when you're done reading things that your kids are reading, let me recommend Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Both great books to get lost in.

I thought my Disney years were over, but your description of Downtown Disney intrigues me.

Have a great summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home