meansters ball

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hey Bernie, it's good to hear from you

Okay I have finished The Great Gatsby now I feel as though I must investigate the book more fully. One of my cooperating teachers suggested I read what folks have written about it on the web. I did enjoy the book, even got to where I hated to put it down. It is a rather magnetic tome. I've started to read The Adventures of Kavalier and Klay. Thanks for the suggested reading Bernie I have added those books to my get list. I started discussing books with a particlarly shy young man who will barely say hello to me. All semester I would greet him when he came to class and he would just look at me so startled and duck away. Anyhow when I started talking books to him he just started chatting away with me, he even smiled and giggled with me. Books have some magic I'll tell you.
Two of my students asked me to sign their yearbooks and one invited me to graduation. I am so honored.
By the By Bernie, Chris and Pitts is on Euclid avenue in Anahiem down the block from Disney. We like to frequent Downtown Disney when we are in that part of town. They offer three hours of free parking (more if you go to a movie or restaurant). There are many shops, including a bookstore and nostalgia shop. There is a House of Blues. We just really enjoy the people, the music and the fireworks. Oh, and if you can refrain from shopping it's free. Hi ho Hi ho it's off to work I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home