meansters ball

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Riding in the Jeep

I mean what else is there to do when you are broke. As a matter of fact Riding in the Jeep is one of the great things about being broke. We had a cool non-alcoholic beverage, and spoke with some gentlemen who are very educated in the school of life. They like to talk. They don't carry cell phones. They like true human communication, where you can look into each others' faces as you speak. You can see the lines, the gray, the longevity of learning. I think as a species we are moving into a dislocation of human contact. Here I am; you can see my rugged face in a photo, but I'm still something anonymous in my rambling. You don't have to feel responsible to these words, or even the picture you see. As far as I know you will never see these words, unless you just happen to stop by. But I will still come here and jot down my thoughts.
I ran across someone today who makes it difficult to know whether they are genuinely human or not. Can I trust them? They needed to talk on their cell phone. I got a quick hug and a good-bye, and please email me. Human disconnect. Should I feel mean, or am I just being too sensitive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home