meansters ball

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Well I Never

So after my tirade about the movie The Ring ABC shows the film during prime time. That's just lovely. I must confess it began to fascinate me until I began to get the feeling they were showing it uncut. Then I changed the channel, I didn't want to have nightmares , and yes it will give you nightmares. I'm not that big a sissy.
The students at the high school were getting somewhat obnoxious today. Not my students, but the general population. One boy kicked over a trash can right in front of me and another teacher. The teacher went ballistic. Finally after some amount of intimidation a student picked up the can. He may not have been the one who kicked it over, but he was closest to it. He let on which student actually did it and the teacher threatened him in the vein of "Heaven help you if I get you in my class next year." I'm thinking "Heaven help you period." None of the teachers at this school is the slightest bit tolerant of jerks. I guess the last day or two of classes the students go ape, quite literally ape. They tear things up. So the teachers form patrol units and doorway security. I can never remember having Tear It Up last day. Not my kids either. We signed yearbooks talked amongst ourselves and with our teachers. We were just so happy to be out for summer, and that only lasted until the end of July, then we were bored. Maybe when I have a class room we'll just talk about our plans for the summer and what we liked or didn't like about the year. Maybe it will keep my people calm as they reminisce.
Not as mean as the students today, and out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home