meansters ball

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I Need to get my Teacher's Voice

Gee, so far I've only had to have my student's voice. My cooperating teacher told me I needed to develop my teacher's voice. She says I cannot be nice right off the bat. I guess I had better get my mean in gear. I met with my master teacher today and observed her 8th grade class. It is typical in that there are the sleepy, the clowns, the outspoken and the self motivated. These kids have been freshly slapped with the real world and all of its ugly underbelly. They carry the fresh wounds like armor plate covering someone who has had their skin ripped off. Too gory? Well maybe it helps to remember I am speaking metaphorically. I see that they are learning coping mechanisms for the positive or vice versa. I hope I can withstand the backlash when I have to teach them. I hated middle school myself, and life in general at that age, so I can sympathize, but I am at the same time a little intimidated. It's just two classes a day, for 12 weeks. I'll just keep reminding myself. Maybe I just have the newby jitters. I really want to like the little dearies. Stay tuned..... At least I'll have a few weeks to rest up for this. I think I'll start now. The mean one trying to be meaner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home