meansters ball

Saturday, June 11, 2005

I'm Okay, maybe.

I thought I would definitely lose it on the last day of classes. Almost did it once as I watched the students as they were watching cartoons and socializing. I got to thank them and say good-bye. They were so nice. I'm really going to miss them. My cooperating teachers all gave me these big speeches about how it's just another day, and how you are glad to see the finished product move forward, but they all got misty at one point or another. Big talkers.
A note on the effect of video on the human mind. There is a commercial for who knows what, maybe Monster.com, and there is a pirate looking for a job. The company boasts it can find a job for anyone even someone who can only say "AARGH" Every time this interviewer asks the pirate a question he just says "AARGH". So now my husband and I have started using the expression for everything that is not quite right in life. We miss a green light; "AARGH" so forth and so on. When we went to Downtown Disney we used it everytime we saw something having to do with pirates. Unfortunately we went into the Disney store (me thinks it's the world's largest) where there is an abundance of pirate gear and paraphanalia. I pulled out a t-shirt with a pirate ship on it that said "Dead men tell no tales" and I exclaimed loudly "AARGH" and my husband followed suit. Well there were some people standing around the display who suddenly dashed away. Blast those TV commercials anyhow. Okay I've got to sail out of here now matey, AARGH!

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Norma said...

I felt the same way yesterday with my kids. I enjoyed the last two weeks because they began to behave better than they had before. They made me a card telling me how wonderful I was and how much they would miss me. I think my master teacher was happy to see me go. But that's another rant. Overall I have to say that it took me awhile to find my teacher's voice. They finally began to behave when I began doling out punishments. One day it was a minute after the bell rang because they assumed that they could get out of their chairs a minute before the bell rang. I sent one boy out of class for just bein a wise alek. After that harmony in class. I guess you do have to show the little buggers who's the boss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home