meansters ball

Thursday, July 28, 2005

What Summer?

I cannot believe there are only 3 weeks left before I head back to school. I feel as though I have accomplished very little. Blasted life, it just seems to get in the way. I've done precious little reading. I've usually devoured three or four books by now. I'm at about one and a half. I have been working, painting the living area, and the usual routine of life maintenence, but it seems time has just flown by. I have spent alot of time with my mom. Did I mention I'm a real momma's girl? Well there it is, all out there for the world to know.
I'm kind of sorry I'm not going to Street Scene, the Flaming Lips will be there Saturday. I just can't justify spending the money (being a poor student) when the ticket prices are so exhorbitant. I'm not sure I would enjoy the new parking lot venue. I really miss family day, which was Sunday, and very pleasant. The kids are going. I guess I'll wait for their critique before I spend my money. I guess I'm really getting to the point that I enjoy a smaller, more intimate venue. I was sad that Kings of Leon were here at 4th and B and I had to miss because it was a Sunday night and the hubby and I had to work the next day. Remember the days when you could play half the night away and still make it to work? To all you kidlets out there, those days end. I do know a few tweeners out there (tween being older than some and not as old as others) who still practice a regular night life, but they are nut cases or out and out disfunctional in the day time.
I did purchase the Kings of Leon CD, and I am totally in love with it. I hope I get to see the band soon, because if the lead singer keeps on blasting his voice out that way he's not going to last long. The music is real slap your face rock and roll. Love it!
I took my Toyota dealership to task on their complete reluctance to offer customer service in the case of warranteed situations. They are supposed to offer roadside service and car rental when a warranteed part fails. Just try and get them to do that, they lie, scheme and finally insult not to have to provide you with free service. And here's a big shout out to Kearny Mesa Toyota. I love their customer service rep who referred to sitting on the blind curve of the freeway with small children after nearly being killed trying to negotiate the shoulder an "adventure". Isn't funny how customer service personal are trained to absolutely try their best to get out of actually providing customer service? I truly wonder how these people interact with humans in general, because they are quite bad at customer relations. In my list of evils in the universe customer service reps are about one step below the marketing profession. How's that for mean? Probably enough for one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home